- SES ASTRA is the leading Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite system in Europe
- The satellite fleet currently comprises 15 satellites
- The ASTRA satellite system delivers services to more than 125 million DTH and cable households and transmits more than 2,500 analogue and digital television and radio channels
- SES ASTRA also provides satellite-based multimedia, internet and telecommunication services to enterprises, governments and their agencies
- With more than 100 High Definition (HD) channels on its main orbital positions, ASTRA represents the most important HDTV platform for Europe's leading broadcasters
- The prime orbital positions for ASTRA are 19.2° East, 28.2° East, 23.5° East, 5° East and 31.5° East.
FIRST AONE TRADE & INVEST (PTY) LTD
- A BEE owned investment holding company which owns 10% of ODM
- Shareholders of the consortium are as follows
- Lereko Investment Holdings (Pty)LtdWebsite: http://www.lereko.co.za
- A broad based women’s Group
RED GOLD INVESTMENTS 16 (PTY) LTD
- Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment Company that houses the interest of Kopano Ke Matla Investment Company (Pty) Ltd (http://www.kopanokkm.co.za/) and the Industrial Development Corporation (http://www.idc.co.za/)
- Kopano is the wholly owned investment arm of Cosatu with majority black women beneficiaries and 100% black owned and managed
FIRST NATIONAL MEDIA INVESTMENT HOLDINGS
This shareholder grouping has interests in various sectors of the South African economy, including Financial Services, Property, Insurance, Manufacturing and Export, Healthcare Member Administration, Marketing and Distribution, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Credit and Debit Card Services, Petroleum, Resources and Mining, Energy and Leisure.
NATIONAL EMPOWERMENT FUND TRUST (NEF)
- The NEF was established by the National Empowerment Fund Act No 105 of 1998 (“NEF Act”), to promote and facilitate black economic equality and transformation.
- Its mandate and mission is to be the catalyst of Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE).
- The NEF owns 10% of ODM
INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IDC)
- IDC is a self-financing, state-owned national development finance institution that provides financing to entrepreneurs and businesses engaged in competitive industries.
|Shareholder in ODM %||Qualifying BEE|
|First National Media Investments Holdings (PTY) Ltd||27.87%||27.87%|
|Red Gold Investments||20%||20%|
|SES Global Africa SA||20%||0%|
|Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Ltd||11.13%||0%|
|First AOne Trade And Invest 12 (PTY) Ltd||10%||10%|
|National Empowerment Fund Trust||10%||10%|